Q. What constitutes a school year?
A. The school year is from September to June.

Q. Do you have a summer program?
A. We do not have a summer program.

Q. How old must my child be before he can attend the preschool?
A. Your child may attend preschool in September of the year he turns three.
For example, if your child is born in March of 2008 then he may attend school in September 2011.

Q. How do I register?
A. Please go to the admissions link.  Please contact the school for further information.

Q. What distinguishes CPC Preschool from other schools?
A. CPC Preschool has a very long history. It was established in 1926 as a kindergarten and became a preschool in the mid 1970s.  It was the first bilingual preschool established.

We are a Christian preschool; emphasis is on teaching Christian principles and teaching proper behaviours.

We are an academic school.  We have high academic standards surpassing many preschools.  Our standards are similar to England’s standards outlined in Early Year Foundation Stage Framework.

We have an outstanding music program.  All senior students participate in a percussion orchestra. Our junior students perform mini musicals.

Q. Do you provide a snack for the student?
A. There is a period for snacks.  However, we do not provide snacks for your child.  Because some children have allergies towards various foods, parents are expected to provide a snack for their child.

Q. Does your school have uniforms?
A. Children are expected to wear the school uniform, which consists of a red t-shirt or red sweat shirt, every Monday.  They are also required to wear the uniform when they go on fieldtrips.

Q. What is your traditional approach to teaching?
A. CPC Preschool provides a quality international education similar to the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) of the UK National Curriculum, which is designed to allow children from diverse backgrounds to learn through fun, structured, hands on activities and to enjoy the experience of exploring and thinking for themselves.

Q. If there are concerns or issues with respect to the schools operations, management, teaching staff or programs, who do we contact?                                                                      Please contact the Clerk of Session or the Session Education Representative. 604-324-4921.